Monday, December 19, 2011

Petite and curvy

I have been looking all the over the internet and YouTube for fashion bloggers who specializes in petite AND curvy, but to no avail. I am only 5'1 3/4 which makes it difficult to buy jeans because even short is too long for me. My inseams are 26" and the shortest length sold at many stores are 29" or 31". Inseams are not too much of a problem because I can always hem my jeans, but that is costly, and the tailor is not always perfect. My Madewell jeans were hemmed too short, and was redone which made them scrunch up after every wash :(, and this was done through the store. Luckily it was during their jean promotion where hemming was free, or it would have cost me $15 per pair. Being curvy makes it hard to wear button down. Having slightly big bust, I have to wear two sport bra to make my collar shirts' buttons not pop or bulge around the bust area. I could buy a size up to accommodate for my bust, but the fit would be lose everywhere else. This problem also occurs in my jeans. Size 25 in Levi is tight around the waist, but 26 is loose around the thighs. Petite sizes are nice, but they tend to run small, which is unflattering for curvy girls who is also petite. The length would fit, but the sizing is ill fitting. If anyone can suggest a blogger who specializes in petite and curvy, PLEASE help.

No comments:

Post a Comment