Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Warehouse Sales

Are they worth it? YES. If you have nothing better to do with your time, then do not pass up the opportunity. Every year designers will host warehouse sales selling past season's clothing, shoes, bags, jewelry for 50-95% off. WOW. The downfall? waiting in LONG, LONG lines, with VERY aggressive people in front, and back of you. Warehouse sales is comparable to black Friday. People are ruthless, and the mentality is : buy buy buy. Here are some of my experiences:
  1. American Apparel Flea Market - I went to this event 2 years ago (?) and it was exactly as it is advertised: a flea market. I sat in line for more than 5 hours, in the blistering LA heat since this event is usually held in the Summer. People that year were buying boxes of the same item, BOXES. It was madness to try to get any thing, but i did find some great finds. Bring water, and comfortable shoes if you plan on going. I heard the newer warehouse sales are more organized, but not as cheap. What would you prefer?
  2. The TOMS Sample Sale. LOVEEEEEE! I went last summer, and I also stood in line for 5-6 hours. BUT I got TOMS for 50% especially since they carry styles that HAVE NOT been released yet. The best part, or the downfall? They have abundant amounts of shoes in size 6, but not so many in other sizes especially 7s or 8s. it was great for me, but I was seeing girls with size 8 trying to shove their feet into a size 6. Not so comfortable. My one regret was not getting there earlier because the one pair of TOMS I really wanted ran out by the time I came. I was not a procrastinator either, I came at 4 am. 
  3. The Obey warehouse sale. VICIOUS. I did not know boys liked shopping, but for cheap shirts they are just as ruthless as girls. The best thing about the Obey sale is that they are pretty organized, but only 30 minutes to shop in a warehouse? NOWAY! Also you could not sit down and sort through your items which was ridiculous. The sale was good though, because Obey shirts are long lasting, and very comfortable. I suggest go EARLY if you want to catch good finds.
  4. Paul Frank warehouse sale was  FAILURE. They carried a lot of children's clothing, and not enough adult clothing. The accessories are ADORABLE, and prices were very reasonable. The best part? Next door had another sample sale where i got jackets that were originally $60 for $10 :). They are no longer hosting this sale, so ;(
  5. Satine in LA sample sale was heartbreaking. Clothes were 75% but 75% off $600 is still expensive. I was able to buy some topshop clothing for $20 - $30 and my good friend was able to find an Alex Wang dirt for $20, SO it was not a failure after all. 
I went to a couple of other sample sales, but I do not recall their names. Overall Sample sale and warehouse sales are worth it, if you have nothing better to do with your time. This weekend LF is having their $15 shoes sale in LA if you are in the area.  Goodluck and have fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment